Hackers pose a growing threat to nearly any network, including the power grid that lets you reliably turn on the lights. Experts say utilities offer an attractive target: operations with money to extort and that simply can’t afford a shutdown. Yet the two largest utility companies in Kansas, Evergy and Kansas Gas Service, declined interviews on their cyber defenses. Instead, they issued statements that they take threats seriously. They say they work with experts and maintain ongoing...
Special Coverage: The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Resistance Among Kansans To COVID-19 Vaccines Is Fading, Except Where It Isn't
- How Sedgwick County Teamed With The Black Community To Fight The Pandemic
- Rural Areas Lag In Vaccination Rates, CDC Report Shows
- New CDC Guidance Welcome News For Kansans, But Don't Ditch Your Masks Yet
- Sedgwick County Opens Up Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility For Kids Over 12
Commentary & Podcasts
Every year, game companies announce what will be coming up for the next year at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, popularly known as E3. This year, it’s an all-online event. E3 for this year ended yesterday, and there were a lot of announcements.