- Listen on your schedule. If you missed your favorite KMUW or NPR program, just listen through the app any time you want.
- Hear KMUW's latest local newscast on-demand, at the touch of a button.
- Pause the live stream for up to 10 minutes and resume listening right where you left off.
- Use the alarm clock feature to wake up to KMUW.
- Connect with KMUW through the 'Talk to Us' feature, and even make a donation!
- How do I download the app? Click here for Apple devices, or here for Android devices. It will install just like any other app.
- How much does it cost? It's free to download!
- Can I share stories from the app? Start by playing the segment (press "Play" at the bottom of the screen). Click the ^ to the right of the segment title to bring up the share screen, then select your preferred method of sharing.
- Do I have to live in the KMUW listening area to use the app? Nope! Listen out of state or even out of the country. All you need is a mobile device with an internet connection.
- How do I use the live stream? Push the "Play" button on the bottom of the screen to join the current live broadcast. You can listen even while using other apps on your device.
- What's the "Talk to Us" feature? We want to hear from you. Really hear from you. Just go to the menu in the upper left corner of the app, then select "Talk to Us" to record your voice message. Send it to us when you're ready.
If you have a smartphone, the most convenient way to listen to podcasts is on an app, like Apple Podcasts, Google Play, NPR One, Spotify or Stitcher. These and other podcast players allow you to subscribe to different podcasts so that you will be notified every time a new episode is released.
The majority of podcasts are free to listen. Subscribing to a podcast simply means that you will be notified about new episodes. You also have the option for new episodes to download automatically to your phone.
Search for KMUW in your podcast app, or for one of our podcasts by name:
- An Artist's Perspective
- Book Review with Suzanne Perez
- Books & Whatnot
- En Route
- Hidden Kansas
- Hindsight: Looking Back on 100 Years of Women's Suffrage
- In the Mix
- Mental Health Matters
- Movie Review with Fletcher Powell
- Next Up
- Radio Real, la Veracidad en Las Noticias
- The Range
- You're Saying It Wrong
- Your Move
How to Subscribe
- Search for one of our podcasts by name in your Apple Podcasts app. Tap the link to open the podcast you'd like to hear.
- Once you have the podcast open, tap the "Subscribe" button to have new episodes delivered to your device as soon as they’re available. Subscribing to KMUW's content is totally free.
- If you'd prefer not to receive every new episode automatically, simply tap the name of an episode you'd like to hear to play it. You will stream the episode using your wifi/data, or tap the plus sign and then the download icon to save the episode to your device for offline listening.
- Check out this post from Apple for more guidance.
- Search for KMUW or one of our podcasts by name in your Google Podcasts app. Tap the link to open the podcast you'd like to hear.
- Once you have the podcast open, tap the "Subscribe" button to have new episodes delivered to your device as soon as they’re available. Subscribing KMUW's content is totally free.
- In the dialog box that opens, you can also check a box to receive a notification whenever a new episode downloads to your device.
- Check out this post from Google for more guidance.
The NPR One app connects you to a stream of public radio news, stories and podcasts from around the world and your own backyard.
- Search for one of our podcasts by name in your NPR One app by tapping the magnifying glass in the top corner.
- Once you have the podcast open, tap the plus sign and enable "follow this show" and "new episode notifications." You'll know they are enabled when both scroll bars are blue in color.
There's a Stitcher app available for iOS, Android, desktop, auto, and smart speakers Amazon Echo and Sonos. Click here to learn more and download Stitcher. Tap on any of these links to open the podcast in your Stitcher app:
- Musical Space
- My Fellow Kansans
- You're Saying It Wrong
- Once you have the podcast open, tap the plus sign to follow the podcast.
Alexa-Enabled Smart Devices
Your smart speaker just got smarter. You can now live stream KMUW with your Amazon Alexa-enabled device. All you have to do is enable the KMUW skill, and then ask Alexa to "play KMUW."
There are lots of possibilities:
- "Alexa, play KMUW."
- "Alexa, play NPR."
- “Alexa, ask KMUW what’s on.”
- “Alexa, ask KMUW to play the news.”
- “Alexa, ask KMUW to play Movie Review.”
- “Alexa, ask KMUW to play An Artist’s Perspective.”
- “Alexa, ask KMUW to play Marginalia.”
- “Alexa, ask KMUW to play Your Move.”
- “Alexa, ask KMUW to play Book Review.”