- Apple devices, or here for Android devices. It will install just like any other app on your device.
- How much does it cost? It's free to download!
- Can I share stories from the app? Start by playing the segment (press "Play" at the bottom of the screen). Click the ^ to the right of the segment title to bring up the share screen, then select your preferred method of sharing.
- Do I have to live in the KMUW listening area to use the app? Nope! Listen out of state or even out of the country. All you need is a mobile device with an internet connection.
- How do I use the live stream? Push the "Play" button on the bottom of the screen to join the current live broadcast. You can listen even while using other apps on your device.
- What's this two-way radio all about? We want to hear from you. Really hear from you. Just go to the menu in the upper left corner of the app, select "Send Message" and record up to a minute of audio.
If you have a smartphone, the most conveneint way to listen to podcasts is on an app, like Apple Podcasts, Google Play, NPR One, Pocket Casts, or Stitcher. These and other podcast players allow you to "subscribe" to different podcasts so that you will be notified every time a new episode is released.
The majority of podcasts are free to listen. Subscribing to a podcast simply means that you will be notifed about new episodes. You can also choose for new episodes to download automatically to your phone.
Search for our podcasts by name in your app:
How to Subscribe
- Search for one of our podcasts by name in your Apple Podcasts app. Tap the link to open the podcast you'd like to hear.
- Once you have the podcast open, tap the "Subscribe" button to have new episodes delivered to your device as soon as they’re available. Subscribing to KMUW's content is totally free.
- If you'd prefer not to receive every new episode automatically, simply tap the name of an episode you'd like to hear to play it. You will stream the episode using your wifi/data, or tap the plus sign and then the download icon to save the episode to your device for offline listening.
- Check out this post from Apple for more guidance.
Google Play Music
- Search for one of our podcasts by name in your Google Play Music app. Tap the link to open the podcast you'd like to hear.
- Once you have the podcast open, tap the "Subscribe" button to have new episodes delivered to your device as soon as they’re available. Subscribing KMUW's content is totally free.
- In the dialog box that opens, you can also check a box to receive a notification whenever a new episode downloads to your device.
- Check out this post from Google for more guidance.
The NPR One app connects you to a stream of public radio news, stories and podcasts from around the world and your own backyard.
- Search for one of our podcasts by name in your NPR One app by tapping the magnifying glass in the top corner.
- Once you have the podcast open, tap the plus sign and enable "follow this show" and "new episode notications." You'll know they are enabled when both scroll bars are blue in color.
Thre's a Stitcher app available for iOS, Android, desktop, auto, and smart speakrs Amazon Echo and Sonos. Click here to learn more and download Stitcher. Tap on any of these links to open the podcast in your Stitcher app:
- Musical Space
- My Fellow Kansans
- You're Saying It Wrong
- Once you have the podcast open, tap the plus sign to follow the podcast.
Your smart speaker just got smarter. You can now live stream KMUW with your Amazon Alexa-enabled device. All you have to do is enable the KMUW skill, and then ask Alexa to "play KMUW."
There are lots of possibilities:
- "Alexa, play KMUW."
- "Alexa, play NPR."