KMUW’s Engage ICT brings our community together with thoughtful conversation. Each month we take a deep dive into a major topic with a panel of local experts, and live stream our hour-long conversation at engageict.org and KMUW’s Facebook page. Since 2016 we’ve covered a myriad of topics, from healthcare to homeschooling, immigration to environmentalism.Engage ICT is sponsored by Keith and Georgia Stevens.
The Status of Energy in Kansas | Democracy on Tap
Digital Democracy on Tap convened on May 11, 2021, to discuss the status of energy in Kansas. We covered energy-related bills that went to the Kansas Statehouse this session, along with Evergy's newly released Integrated Resource Plan and its projections for the next 10-15 years. Our panelists:
- Brian Grimmett | Energy and Environment Reporter, KMUW and Kansas News Service
- Ashok Gupta | Senior Energy Economist, Climate & Clean Energy Program of the Natural Resources Defense Council
- Brett Leopold | President, ITC Great Plains
- Mike Ross | Senior VP of Government Affairs and Public Relations, Southwest Power Pool
- Representative Mark Schreiber | Kansas Legislature Vice Chair of the Energy, Utilities, and Telecommunications Committee
Here's the recorded conversation:
To view a list of further reading and resources on the status of energy in Kansas provided by Wichita Public Library, click here.
Support for KMUW's Engage ICT comes from Moeder & Associates.