Five Kansas Arts Organizations Awarded Grants
The Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission (CAIC) has awarded more than $32,000 dollars in grants to five arts organizations.
- The Douglas Design District in Wichita will use its $7,700 grant to install a series of 96 square-foot outdoor murals. The art will be rotated out each year.
- The De Soto Arts Council will use its roughly $4,800 dollar grant to develop an arts center in its city hall.
- Johnson County Community College will use its $5,000 to further develop its K-12 teacher training in arts integration.
- The Kansas City Jewish Museum of Contemporary Art will use its $10,000 grant to enhance its gallery and its art therapy.
- Rock Cottage Glassworks in Shawnee will use its $5,000 grant replace its furnaces and tools.
This is their first round of grants in this fiscal year.