KMUW's Media Circus
Thank you to all who attended KMUW's 2018 Media Circus fundraising event on August 15 at Abode Venue.
To kick off the evening, attendees enjoyed circus games complete with magician Stephan Bisaha, ringmaster Jonathan Huber and fortune teller Lu Anne Stephens. Special guests included a baby sloth, African crested porcupine and young penguin from Tanganyika Wildlife Park.
The entertainment continued with an evening of witty storytelling and stage games with NPR's Bill Kurtis, Wichita icon Bonnie Bing and Music Theatre Wichita's Wayne Bryan. Local journalists joined in the fun, including Wichita Eagle's Suzanne Tobias, Wichita Business Journal's Bill Roy, Michael Schwanke of KWCH 12, and our very own KMUW News Team.
The crowd of 300 enjoyed festive appetizers and drinks from The Anchor and a dinner buffet from Georges French Bistro, topped off with an amazing performance by Phlox fire troupe. Silent and live auctions added to the success of the evening, all in the name of quality fact-finding and analysis, as well as journalism internships.
If you weren't able to attend, we hope you'll join us next year to support nonprofit, fact-based journalism and internships as we celebrate KMUW's 70th anniversary in 2019!
Here are a few of the comments from this year's circus-goers:
- "Last night was fantastic! Kudos to you and everyone at KMUW for making Media Circus so much fun!"
- "Your event was a big, big hit! Such fun and excellent food!"
- "That really was a grand event!"
- "Best food I've had at something like that in a long time and Bill Kurtis was awesome."
- "I'm so proud of what KMUW has become."
- "Wonderful event - great concept and perfect execution! Congrats to the KMUW staff."
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors:
- Abode Venue
- The Anchor
- Beyond Napa
- Bicycle Pedaler
- Burnell's Fine Jewelry and Design
- DJ Carbon
- Georges French Bistro
- Kernel's Popcorn Express
- Lamphouse Photo Co.
- Dennis and Claudia Ellerman to celebrate the art of Bill Graham
- Alan and Sharon Fearey
- Gloria Farha Flentje and Jack Focht
- Judy Langley
- Joan Wagner