Tee Time: Wichita To Reopen Two Golf Courses
The city of Wichita says it will reopen two golf courses on Tuedsay with rules in place to stem the spread of the coronavirus.
Auburn Hills and MacDonald golf courses will reopen after closing last month. Auburn Hills is near 135th Street West and Maple; MacDonald is at 840 N. Yale.
Golfers will be limited to groups of four and tee times must be booked in advance. There will be no cart rentals or merchandise or concession sales.
Golfers also must use social distancing of six feet or more while playing.
Bloomberg reports that about half of America’s 16,000 courses continue to operate in 34 states. The remaining states have closed courses, citing them as non-essential businesses.
Other guidelines for Wichita’s courses include:
- Clubhouses are restricted to one golfer at a time
- No cash payments, only credit or debit cards
- No use of clubhouse restrooms
- Tee times must be booked in advance at golfwichita.com or over the phone. No walk-in tee times will be allowed.
- Tee times will be every 20 minutes
- Pulling flags from holes will not be allowed
- Cups on the green have been modified to eliminate the need to remove the ball from the hole
- There will be no scorecards or pencils; golfers can download the Golf Wichita app to keep score
- No ball washers, bunker rakes, benches, bag stands or drinking fountains on the course