Additional Polling Centers Open This Week For Primary Election
Satellite polling centers in Wichita will open Thursday for voting ahead of the Aug. 6 primary election.
Polling centers will be open from noon to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Voters can vote in any of the satellite locations.
Nine people are on the ballot for mayor of Wichita, and four people are running for an at-large seat on the Wichita School Board. The two candidates with the most votes in each race advance to the general election on Nov. 5.
Sedgwick County Election Commissioner Tabitha Lehman said the election office isn’t sure what type of turnout to expect this year because this is the first time Wichita's mayoral election has been held in the fall.
“We do know that our early vote numbers are up in our office," she says, "but in (2015), this was in February during the early voting and we were competing with a snowstorm, which we’re not competing with this time.”
Here is a list of the satellite locations in Sedgwick County. All the sites are in Wichita unless noted:
- Bel Aire City Building, 7651 E. Central Park, Bel Aire
- Grace Presbyterian Church, 5002 E. Douglas
- Independent Living Center, 3033 W. 2nd St. North
- Machinists Building, 3830 S. Meridian
- Progressive Missionary Baptist Church, 2727 E. 25th St. North
- Reformation Lutheran, 7601 E. 13th St. North
- Sedgwick County Extension Office, 7001 W. 21st St. North
- Sharon Baptist Church, 2221 S. Oliver
- St. Andrew’s Lutheran, 2555 Hyacinth Lane
- Westlink Church of Christ, 10025 W. Central
- Woodland Lakes Community Church, 770 S. Greenwich
Kylie Cameron is an intern in the KMUW News Lab.