© 2024 KMUW
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Still Need To File Your Taxes? Here's Where To Get Some Help

401(K) 2012, flickr Creative Commons

Haven’t filed your taxes yet? Don’t panic: The IRS extended the filing deadline to May 17.

It marks the second straight year that the deadline has been postponed. Last year, it was pushed back to July 15 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year’s filing service started later than usual.

If you need help filing, there are a couple of free options.

The city of Wichita, in partnership with AARP and VITA, offers free tax prep services at the Evergreen Neighborhood Resource Center (2700 N. Woodland) and Colvin Neighborhood Resource Center (2820 S. Roosevelt). Assistance is available through April; appointments are required.

United Way is also offering free tax help in locations across Wichita and Sedgwick, Butler, Cowley, Geary and Marion counties.

Eligibility is for individuals or families that make less than $58,000.

There are a few ways to file your taxes through United Way: You can schedule virtual, drop-off and in-person appointments. All in-person appointments will follow CDC standards and local health orders.

Dial 211 to schedule your appointment.

Michael Perreault is a KMUW News Lab intern.