Thanks so much for considering a Facebook peer-to-peer fundraiser for KMUW! We love that you’ve embraced your inner Public Radio Nerd and are willing to raise money and awareness for the public radio cause. Facebook has made it very easy, and you can get started in just a few simple steps:
- On the left menu of your Facebook News Feed, scroll down near the bottom and click + Create Fundraiser.
- Click in the ‘Nonprofit’ box and type KMUW where it reads “Find a nonprofit to support…” Select KMUW from the list of options.
- Choose of cover photo (you're welcome to use the image at the top of this page) and fill in the fundraiser details. (Allow yourself a couple of weeks.)
- You can select any goal amount you’d like. Peer-to-peer fundraisers who raise at least $250 for KMUW will receive the Public Radio Nerd hoodie.
- Click Create.
We know that asking for money can feel daunting, but being an advocate for KMUW is more than fundraising. It’s standing behind your station and being a part of the public radio movement. Here are a few tips that will help guide your successful fundraiser launch:
- Be you. The story is the heart of a fundraiser, and a KMUW, the story is everything. People connect with people, so don’t be afraid to share your compassion and nerdiness. Authenticity is key.
- Be specific. What is this cause? Why should people care?
- Be transparent. Communicate with updates on the progress, money raised, and any incoming information from the nonprofit.
- Be proactive. Don’t just launch and leave it. Be a nerd and stay on top of it!
- Be creative. Feel inspired to post videos, photos, countdowns, interviews. And feel free to use our staff! We’re the nerdiest folks we know, and we’re happy to help your cause. Your cause is our cause, after all.
Questions? Ask away. Our digital manager is Beth Golay. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-978-7570.