KMUW 5-Keg Brewery Crawl
Way to go, #KMUW5Keg finishers!
Thanks so much for participating in our KMUW 5K-eg Brewery Crawl! Here's how to submit your completed passports for individual or team prizes.
If you had your passport signed at at least 5 breweries, you are eligible for individual prize entry. If you didn't quite make it to 5, you can combine your passport with your friend's (or as many friends as it takes) for a team prize entry. Just tell us which passports constitute a team when you return them to KMUW.
And speaking of returning passports to KMUW, you can either drop them by the station or mail them to KMUW | 121 N. Mead, Ste. 200 | Wichita, KS 67202. They're due back by January 5, which is a Saturday--a day we're typically closed. But Beth Golay has volunteered to accept passports for a few hours that day, so you can return them before 5:00 p.m. today, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, and between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Saturday. We'll draw for prizes on Monday and will send another announcement then.
Finally, thanks to all of the participating breweries! We hope you continue to show them some love.
In the spirit of waste not/want not, we’re repurposing our leftover 2018 KMUW 5K medals.
Join us for the KMUW 5-Keg Brewery Crawl on Saturday, December 29.
Eight local breweries are participating, and to qualify for prizes, crawlers must stop at at least 5 of the breweries… and most are located on the trolley route! An early start is available for those who need it, and a relay team is also an option. The first 248 to enter will receive a medal! (Must be at least 21-years-old to participate.)
Here's information on how to participate:
- What: KMUW 5-Keg Brewery Crawl
- When: Saturday, December 29
- Time limit: 12:00 noon - 11:00 p.m. (Some breweries open at 11:00 a.m. for those who need an early start.)
- Team Sign-up: To sign up for a team, sign up as individuals first, then simply identify your team members when you pick up your race packets.
- Price: $10 per person (Must be at least 21-years-old to participate.)
- Sign-up: Right here.
- Registration deadline: Friday, December 28 at 3:00 p.m.
- Packet Pick-Up: Thursday, December 27 & Friday, December 28 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at KMUW (121 N. Mead, Suite 200 in Old Town)
- RACE DAY PICK-UP: Saturday, December 29 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at KMUW (121 N. Mead, Suite 200 in Old Town)
How it works:
- Take your bib and map to a least 5 of the 8 participating breweries.
- Buy a beverage at the brewery and the bartender will mark your map to show that you (or one of your team) completed that leg of the crawl.
- If the brewery is offering any race specials, it will be indicated on the map.
- Once you have completed at least 5 legs, you can return your completed map (in person or via mail) to KMUW by January 5 to be eligible for the prize drawings.
- Individual and team prizes will be available.