Citizens and voters face monumental choices on issues that will define our future, and there is a great need for broader understanding of how what happens at the polls affects you. That's why, in January of 2016, KMUW launched Engage ICT: Democracy on Tap.
These monthly community conversations feature a panel of local experts and topics that touch your daily life. The next Democracy on Tap event is:
Tuesday, October 16
Roxy's Downtown | 412 1/2 E. Douglas
Topic: Political Philosophy
Our three-month series on community building gets underway in October. With our expert panel, we’ll explore why people believe what they believe, why it’s so hard to change someone’s opinion, how to actually have productive discussions about sensitive subjects, and ultimately…how minds can be changed.
Come get your questions answered. It's free, and so are the appetizers.
First Quarter: Social Health
- JANUARY 30 – Crime & Safety
- FEBRUARY 27 - Mandating Health
- MARCH 13 - Public Safety
Second Quarter: Environment
- APRIL 10 – Climate Change
- MAY 8 – Energy
- JUNE 5 – Sustainability
Third Quarter: Education
- JULY 24 – Early Learning
- AUGUST 21 – Community Roles in Education
- SEPTEMBER 11 – Learning Beyond the Degree
Fourth Quarter: Community Building
- OCTOBER 16 – Political Philosophy
- NOVEMBER 13 – Guerilla Community Building
- DECEMBER 11 – Art & Gentrification