Wichita Public Schools will begin its Kids Eat Free program this week to feed children while schools remain closed.
The program begins Wednesday. Children 18 years and younger can pick up meals to-go at 18 sites around Wichita.
Children do not need to attend Wichita Public Schools in order to get a meal. But they must be present when picking up a meal.
Meals will be available weekdays from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Wichita students and their parents or guardian can ride a city bus to and from a school meal site free of charge.
Students in Wichita, and Kansas, are home after Gov. Laura Kelly closed the state's schools earlier this month because of the coronavirus outbreak.
Here are the Kids Eat Free meal sites:
- Allison Traditional Magnet Middle School, 221 S. Seneca
- Brooks Center for STEM and the Arts Magnet Middle School, 3802 E. 27th St. North
- Chisholm Trail Elementary School, 6015 Independence St.
- Coleman Middle School, 1544 N. Governeour
- Curtis Middle School, 1031 S. Edgemoor
- Hadley Middle School, 1101 N. Dougherty
- Hamilton Middle School, 1407 S. Broadway
- Isely Traditional Magnet Elementary School, 5256 N. Woodlawn
- Jardine STEM and Career Explorations Magnet Middle Academy, 3550 E. Ross Parkway
- Marshall Middle School, 1510 N. Payne
- Mayberry Cultural and Fine Arts Magnet Middle School, 207 S. Sheridan
- Mead Middle School, 2601 E. Skinner
- Mueller Aerospace and Engineering Magnet Elementary School, 2500 E. 18th St. North
- Pleasant Valley Middle School, 2220 W. 29th St. North
- Robinson Middle School, 328 N. Oliver
- Truesdell Middle School, 2464 S. Glenn
- White Elementary School, 5148 S. Kansas
- Wilbur Middle School, 340 N. Tyler
David Garcia is an intern in the KMUW News Lab.