COVID-19 has impacted all aspects of social life, including how we vote. In partnership with the League of Women Voters, KMUW's Engage ICT brought together local experts on June 9, 2020, to discuss how the upcoming elections will continue amid the pandemic. The first part of the conversation focuses on voting during COVID-19, including the impacts on at-risk populations and disenfranchised voters. Part two highlights young voters. Here's the recorded conversation:
- Kenya M. Cox | President, NAACP Kansas State Conference
- Ron Hemingway | Incoming freshman, University of Kansas
- Danielle Johnson | Assistant Director, Wichita State University Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Tabitha Lehman | Election Commissioner, Sedgwick County Election Office
- Carole Neal | Voter Service Co-Chair, League of Women Voters of Wichita Metro
Wichita Public Library has created a list of further reading and resources on this topic. Click here to access the PDF.