This page was last updated on April 22, 2020 at 1:13 p.m.
KMUW is compiling a comprehensive list of cancellations and closures due the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The following list includes events, schools, government entities and organizations with changes in hours or operational status. We have also included special notices. If you would like to report a cancellation or closure, please click on this link and complete the form.
The KMUW offices are closed to the public indefinitely.
Click on the following links to search:
* Governor Laura Kelly has announced the closure of all schools — public, private & parochial — K-12 for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. *
State of Kansas
Governor Kelly has issued a stay-at-home order until midnight on May 3, 2020.
City of Wichita
Wichita City Council decided to close a number of public facilities and cancel city events for the next two weeks. The City will also be taking additional preventative measures to protect City Hall visitors and City employees.
The City will close the following facilities beginning Tuesday, March 17 through Friday, March 27 unless otherwise noted. The City will closely monitor the situation and will continue to make facility reopening adjustments as needed.
- All Wichita Public Library locations
- Wichita Municipal Court is suspended from March 18 until April 6. Any cases currently set for these dates will be rescheduled. Domestic violence bond-out cases will proceed as scheduled.
- Century II
- Old Cowtown Museum
- Mid-America All-Indian Museum
- Wichita Art Museum
- Metropolitan Area Building and Construction Department’s Neighborhood Inspection division will not accept walk-in customers or appointments
- Wichita Park and Recreation centers (includes spring break camps and recreation programming)
- Ralph Wulz Riverside Tennis Center
- Water Center
- Great Plains Nature Center (outdoor public area remains open)
- Atwater, Colvin and Evergreen Neighborhood Resource Centers
- The Q-line will not operate. All other Transit bus routes will continue to operate on a normal schedule.
- Public events and programming such as District Advisory Board meetings and City advisory boards meetings.
The following will remain open with some limitations:
- City Council meetings will continue as scheduled and remain open to the public. However agendas will be limited to essential business items.
- City Hall, Police and Fire stations, however public tours will be suspended.
- Wichita parks and public golf courses, though tee times will be staggered to ensure proper social distancing for players.
In addition, Wichita Public Works & Utilities will suspend water shutoffs during this event. During this two-week period, the City will reassess the preventative needs of the community and determine whether to extend the closures.
This is an evolving event and the City encourages residents and the media to visit wichita.gov/coronavirus and view the departmental pages on wichita.gov for more detailed information.
Sedgwick County has temporarily closed the following facilities:
- Effective Monday, March 23, Women, Infant & Children (WIC) sites at 1749 S. Martinson St. and 1311 S. Clifton St. are temporarily closed. All Sedgwick County WIC services will take place at 1900 E. 9th St., Wichita. For questions about appointments, dial (316) 660-7444.
- Register of Deeds
- Sedgwick County Zoo
- Exploration Place
- Sedgwick County Extension Office
- Sedgwick County Workforce Center
- Household Hazardous Waste Swap and Shop
Several upcoming events and meetings have also been postponed or canceled, including:
- The Aging Network
- The Sedgwick County Advisory Council on Aging and Disabilities
- The Hoarding Coalition
- The Hoarding Investigative Team
- The Clutter Cleaners Support Group
- The Silver Haired Legislators
- The RSVP Advisory Council
- Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) classes
- The Senior Health Insurance Counseling for Kansas (SHICK) Recognition event
- Coordinated Transit District-9 (CTD-9) travel
- All citizen advisory boards and citizen engagement meetings
- E-Waste collection event
- All COMCARE Mental Health First Aid and CPI trainings
- COMCARE Mental Health Advisory Board Meeting
- COMCARE Therapeutic Preschool
- Legionella and Heath Care Symposium
- All Metropolitan Area Planning Commission (MAPC) meetings
- All Metropolitan Area Building and Construction Department (MABCD) Advisory Board and Associated meetings, including: Plumbing board; Electrical board; Mechanical board; Building – Board of Code Standards and Appeals.
- MABCD’s Neighborhood Inspection division will not accept walk-in customers or appointments
The following will facilities remain open:
- The County Courthouse, the Sheriff’s Office, and Fire/EMS stations
- Sedgwick County Park, North East Sedgwick County Park, and Lake Afton
Board of County Commissioner meetings will continue as scheduled and remain open to the public, though agendas will be limited to essential business items. Sedgwick County encourages residents to visit www.sedgwickcounty.org for more information.
The following events have been reported as canceled, postponed, or rescheduled. If there is a link for further information, it has been included.
ACT Testing. ACT has rescheduled the April 4, 2020 national ACT test date to June 13, 2020.
American Athletic Conference competitions. Originally planned for all spring. Current status: canceled.
American Cancer Society. Bark For Life, originally scheduled for April 25, has been changed to September 26.
American Legion Boys State of Kansas Leadership Academy has cancelled its 2020 session originally scheduled for May 31 through June 5 at Kansas State University in Manhattan.
American Marketing Association Wichita. March meeting originally scheduled for March 19 has been rescheduled for May 21.
Brews, Clues and Running Shoes. The 4th Annual Brews, Clues and Running Shoes event has been rescheduled for September 26, 2020. All registrations have been automatically transferred to the new date. More information.
Broadway Wichita: The Spongebob Musical. Originally April 28 - 30, postponed. More information.
Cher's "Here We Go Again" Tour. Originally planned for 4/22 at Intrust Bank Arena. Current status: rescheduled for 9/30.
Cosmosphere Anniversary Celebration. Originally planned for 4/3 and 4/4. Current status: rescheduled for 5/8 and 5/9.
- World Class Pro Wrestling. Originally scheduled for 4/26, postponed. Rescheduling TBD.
- Tech N9ne. Originally scheduled for 5/21, postponed. Rescheduling TBD.
Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland. Juliette’s Pearls Leadership Society Luncheon, originally scheduled for April 18, has been postponed until September 19.
Gridiron. Originally planned for 4/26-4/27. Current status: rescheduled to Oct. 1-2. If you have already purchased tickets, here’s what you need to know:
- Tickets for the Thursday, March 26, show will be honored on Thursday, Oct. 1.
- Tickets for the Friday, March 27, show and the Randy Brown Curtain Call after-party will be honored on Friday, Oct. 2.
- If you need to switch days, please contact the Select-A-Seat box office at (855) 755-SEAT to make arrangements.
- If you cannot attend Oct. 1-2, contact Select-A-Seat at (855) 755-SEAT to request a refund. Refunds will only be honored through March 30, 2020.
Kansas Star Casino: Clint Black. Originally scheduled for 3/13. Current status: rescheduled for 9/5. More information.
Mark Arts. Versus: A Live Art Battle has been rescheduled for July 17. More general information can be found below in the "Organizations" section.
Open Streets ICT at Nomar scheduled for May 3, 2020 has been cancelled.
Orpheum: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Originally planned for 3/19. Current status: rescheduled for 5/7.
Paw Patrol Live! PAW Patrol Live! “The Great Pirate Adventure” performances originally scheduled for April 10 & 11 at INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita has been rescheduled to September 12 & 13.
- Tickets for the performances on Saturday, April 11 at 10:00am and 2:00pm will be honored at the respective September date and time of Saturday, September 12 at 10:00am and 2:00pm. Tickets for the 2:00pm show on Friday, April 10 will be transferred to the 12:00pm show on Sunday, September 13 and tickets for the 6:00pm show on Saturday, April 11 will be transferred to the 4:00pm show on Sunday, September 13. If fans are unable to attend the newly scheduled show dates, refunds or exchanges can be requested until May 31. The Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena and Select-A-Seat phone lines are temporarily closed. Fans interested in refunds or exchanges should contact Select-A-Seat by May 31 via email at email@example.com or by filling out the form located at selectaseat.com/contact. Representatives will respond as soon as possible – please allow up to 72 hours.
Professional Bull Riders Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour’s Wichita Classic at Intrust Bank Arena on April 25 has been rescheduled for August 8. All tickets will be honored for the rescheduled event. Any refunds will be provided from the original point of purchase for the next 30 days.
PRSA March Luncheon. March luncheon is cancelled and the presentation is moved to April. At this time, "The Excel Shooting: Crisis Communications in a Small Community" will be postponed to Tuesday, April 28
Roxy's Downtown. Cancelling all shows until further notice.
Thunder games at Intrust Bank Arena. Current status: canceled.
Watermark Books & Cafe. Until future notice, the following programs will be cancelled:
- Saturday Storytimes
- Tuesday Storytimes
- All Watermark Book Clubs
Wichita Symphony. In addition to last weekend’s concerts of Ravel and Brahms, we are now postponing Kristin Chenoweth (May 16).
Wichita Public Library. Tuesday Topics program: “Where Do You Get Your News?” originally scheduled for April 28 has been canceled.
The following schools have reported changes in their schedules. If there is a link for further information, it has been included.
ACT Testing. ACT has rescheduled the April 4, 2020 national ACT test date to June 13, 2020.
TOP Early Learning Centers. Will close all three centers 3/17 - 3/20.
* Governor Laura Kelly has announced the closure of all schools--public, private & parochial--K-12 for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. *
Colleges & Universities
Butler Community College. Extends spring break until 3/27. More information at https://www.butlercc.edu/coronavirus, 316-218-6088.
Emporia State University. There are no classes from 3/16-3/20 and all face-to-face coursework through ESU will be moved online effective March 23, 2020. More information.
Friends University. Spring break has been extended by one week from March 14-29 for ALL Students. All classes will resume on Monday, March 30 in an online format. Face-to–face classes will resume on Monday, April 6, although some, if not all courses could be adapted to an online or alternate mode of delivery. More information.
- Friends University Fine Arts. All public concerts/shows happening now until April 6th are cancelled, including the Singing Quakers Home Concert and the Pre-Festival Band Clinic.
Fort Hayes State University. Banking Institute, Ag Department summit originally scheduled for 3/17 is cancelled. More information at www.facebook.com/forthays
Hesston College. Distance learning 3/23-4/13. Athletic team competitions canceled through 4/1. hesston.edu, 620-327-8185
Kansas State University. K-State will continue to teach all classes remotely through the end of the Spring semester.. More information at k-state.edu/covid-19, 785-532-2535
Newman University. Extending spring break until 3/29. https://newmanu.edu/campus-life/student-services/covid-19-updates-preparedness, 316-942-4291
Pittsburg State University. Pittsburg State released students from face-to-face courses a week early for spring break, on March 13, and is now redesigning face-to-face courses to alternative teaching formats. More information.
Washburn University. For the week of March 16-22, all in-person class meetings are suspended. Beginning the week of March 23, courses will be taught remotely using online tools. Online instruction of face-to-face courses will occur through at least March 27, although that time period may be extended. The decision about when to return to face-to-face instruction will be made and communicated during the week of March 23-27. More information.
Wichita State University.
- Wichita State University is suspending in-person class until 3/30. WSU will move to online and/or remote instruction until the end of the spring semester. www.wichita.edu, 316-978-3456
- Wichita State University is cancelling many events. For a full list check https://www.wichita.edu/about/wsunews/wsu_today/2020/03-march/03-16-20_wsut.php
- WSU Tech. Effective immediately, all WSU Tech campuses will close to students, visitors and the public until April 6.
The following government entites and offices have reported changes to their regularly scheduled programs or hours. If there is a link for further information, it has been included.
City of Haysville.
- Haysville Municipal Court has been cancelled for March 17th and 24th. Anyone who was scheduled to appear either day will receive written notice of the cancellation.
- The recycling center at Public Works, where Haysville residents can usually drop off brush, metal, concrete and mulch, is closed until further notice.
- Haysville Recreation has cancelled Spring Break Camp, which was scheduled for March 16th - 20th, and refunds will be issued as quickly as possible. In addition, the Activity Center (HAC) is closed indefinitely starting at noon on Monday, March 16, 2020.
City of Wichita. See top of page.
Kansas Department of Corrections. Closed for all visitation.
Kansas Prisoner Review Board. March 2020 Public Comment Sessions scheduled for Derby and Topeka have been cancelled.
Kansas Supreme Court. 4/7-8 events in Concordia have been canceled.
Sedgwick County. See top of page.
Wichita Park & Recreation.
- Currently following the county’s instruction on banning any activities that gather more than 50 people.
- Have placed notice to rentals that use facilities and have canceled a few special events.
- Will review weekly to see how this impacts classes, special events and other activities.
- Parks and dog parks are open.
- Watson Park. Regular hours of 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. will begin on 3/14. But the park is postponing the start of its ride season until 4/1.
The following organizations have reported changes to their schedules or offerings. If there is a link for further information, it has been included.
Botanica. Closing until further notice.
Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas. Clubs are closed until further notice. More information.
Cosmosphere International Science Center & Space Museum in Hutchinson, KS. Closed for two weeks beginning 3/16.
Crown Uptown Theatre. In the interest of public safety, the Crown Uptown Theatre is complying with the recommendation of the CDC. Effective immediately, all events that have been scheduled from March 16, 2020 to May 1, 2020 have been cancelled and have been moved to future dates.
Dillons Food Stores. Select stores will be operating under limited hours. More at https://www.dillons.com/i/coronavirus-update
Bradford Memorial Library - El Dorado. Will close at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 26, and remain closed until further notice.
- Print books, DVDs and other physical items will no longer be circulated.
- Returns will not be accepted, effective immediately. Late fees will not be charged. Patrons should keep all library items at home until further notice. Due dates have all been changed to May 1st.
- Bradford Memorial Library’s “online branch” will remain open at bradfordlibrary.info. Patrons are invited to use their library cards to borrow ebooks and e-audiobooks through services such as the Sunflower eLibrary (accessed through Libby or Overdrive) and State Library of Kansas Digital Book eLending. More information on the library’s digital offerings is available at www.bradfordlibrary.info.
- Staff will be available via phone from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Monday through Friday, and are happy to answer questions and help with digital resources. Call 316-321-3363. Staff can also be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Facebook Messenger. Email will be monitored periodically.
- Bradford Memorial Library’s “soft closure” borrowing procedure will remain available until 6 p.m. Thursday. Visit www.bradfordlibrary.info to place holds, or call 316-321-3363 to get assistance.
Evergy. Suspening all disconnections for nonpayment, effective immediately. This applies to home and business accounts. More information.
Exploration Place. Closed through 3/31.
Greater Wichita YMCA.
- All spring youth sports, practices and games at all branches and Farha Centers are postponed until further notice.
- All branch location and YMCA Farha Sport Centers are temporarily closed effective Monday, March 16, 2020.
- SPRING BREAK CAMP programs and in-branch EARLY LEARNING CENTER services.
- Staff will be available, by phone, Monday - Friday from 8AM-5PM if you have any questions or concerns.
Kansas Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Please stop all outings between Bigs and Littles at this time. See our most recent memo here.
- KSBBBS staff are working remotely right now and our physical offices are closed. Although the means of our work is different, our intent is the same - to do everything we can to continue our vital support to you.
- All KSBBBS events are postponed at this time.
Kansas Leadership Center. Due to federal guidelines and state restrictions on public gatherings to curb the spread of COVID-19, currently scheduled in-person training programs are suspended until further notice. When restrictions on public gatherings have eased and KLC programs resume, our staff will reach out to individual registrants for April and May programs to reschedule them for future programs. Addendum: KLC has temporarily closed its facilities, suspended programs and taken other preventive steps to combat this global health emergency. KLC is offering virtual learning services in lieu of in-person training programs during the coronavirus pandemic. Kansas Star Casino. The Kansas Lottery Commission has ordered the temporary closure of all casinos in the state of Kansas as a precautionary measure. Kansas Star will close on Wednesday, March 18 at 5 am. This closure will impact all public operations, including the casino, hotel, restaurants, meeting space and arena. Currently, they expect to remain closed through March 30. Customers with reservations or events scheduled at Kansas Star during the closure period should call (316) 719-5000 for information and assistance. * Also closed across the state: Hollywood Casino in Kansas City, Kansas Crossing in Pittsburg, and Boot Hill Casino in Dodge City.
KMUW. The office is closed to the public indefinitely.
Mark Arts. Mark Arts will be closed to the public until April 6. All classes and workshops had previously been canceled, but exhibitions are now also closed. Additionally, the Scholastic Art Awards closing ceremony scheduled for March 28 has been canceled. Versus: A Live Art Battle has been rescheduled for July 17. Mark Arts also requests that you refrain from visiting Mark Arts for 14 days upon returning from any of the following countries:
- Mainland China
- Most European Countries
- United Kingdom and Ireland
- South Korea
The Orpheum. Closed until further notice. The Orpheum staff is working diligently with show promoters, clients, and film distributors to reschedule affected events.
Sam's Club. Beginning Tuesday, 3/17 all club opening hours are shifting toto 9 am – 8 pm, Monday - Saturday, to ensure associates have ample time to restock, clean and sanitize. Sunday hours will remain 10 am – 6 pm. Prescheduled Club Pickup orders will still be available for pickup starting at 7 am.
Sedgwick County Zoo. Closed until further notice.
Senior Services. Meals on Wheels volunteers needed.
- While Senior Services initiates a plan to safely serve all seniors, both active and homebound, it anticipates the need for delivery volunteers beginning on Monday. Volunteers are asked to please call 316-267-0122.
- Downtown Senior Center is closed until further notice.
- Northeast Senior Center is closed until further notice.
- Linwood Senior Center is closed until further notice.
- Orchard Park Senior Center is closed until further notice.
- The Senior Employment Job Fair. Originally slated for Tuesday, March 17: cancelled.
Ulrich Museum of Art. Galleries closed through May 15.
Wave. Closed until further notice. For cancellations, check their website in the coming weeks.
Wichita Creatives. The Wichita Creatives Emergency Relief Fund has been created for individuals working in the arts sector that have been impacted by the current public health crisis. The primary concern is for the health and well-being of individuals: specifically, independent artists, musicians, and performers. This fund will provide rapid response grants to help bridge the severe lost wages that make many in our creative community vulnerable. More information
Wichita Public Library. All locations closed March 17 through March 27. All programs and room rentals scheduled for March 17 through May 15 are canceled. More information.
Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber has postponed and/or canceled most events through the end of April. If you have already registered for a Chamber event that was originally scheduled for March or April, please check the event on the Chamber website calendar to learn more details. We will continue monitoring advice from health and government officials concerning events that have not yet been postponed or canceled.
Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum. Closed March 17 through March 31. All programs through May 10, 2020 are canceled.
The following churches have reported changes to their schedules or offerings. If there is a link for further information, it has been included.
Aldersgate UMC. Will close 3/15 until further notice. More information.
Calvary United Methodist Church. All Calvary sponsored in-person events, meetings and worship services will be canceled until April 1, 2020.
Catholic Diocese of Wichita. Bishop Carl A. Kemme announced that effective at 1:00 p.m. March 17, 2020, and until further notice, all public celebrations of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in the Diocese of Wichita are suspended. More information.
Central Community Church. Sunday services will be streamed online only March 15. No on-campus gatherings. Church office closed & weekday activities cancelled for spring break March 16-20. More information.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Public worship services and large gatherings cancelled until further notice.
City Life Church. City Life is cancelling ALL of our upcoming services indefinitely. In lieu of main Sunday worship services, pre-recorded services and resources will be shared through their website. More information.
College Hill UMC. College Hill UMC building will be closed starting Saturday, March 14, through Tuesday, March 31, when it will reassess the situation. More information.
Countryside Chistian Church. Services for 3/15 are available online only. More information.
Covenant Presbyterian Church. the building will be closed through at least March 31st this includes Sunday morning worship, Wednesday night dinner and activities, as well as all gatherings. Will continue to live stream worship services on our Facebook page. More information.
Covenant United Methodist Church. Covenant will suspend all group gatherings March 15 -21. More information.
East Heights United Methodist Church. Services are canceled until further notice. More information.
Eastminster Presbyterian Church. Currently the church building is open during office hours only, with all events and meetings canceled. The worship services will be held online at eastminster.org and on Facebook. More information.
Evangel Presbyterian Church. Has suspended all church ministries and online worships are available. More info at evangelpca.org.
First MB Church. Will be streaming worship services online on Sunday on Facebook, YouTube, our website, and our mobile app as usual. Will not be holding public gatherings larger than 50 until restrictions have been lifted. This includes Sunday morning worship, kid’s ministry, student ministry, Family Dinner Hour, Sunday School classes, and any other ministry groups expecting more than 50 people. More information.
First Presbyterian Church. Will live stream its Sunday service 3/22/20. The 150th Celebration has been postponed. More information.
First Evangelical Free Church. Will close from 3/15-28. More information.
Good Shepherd Episcopal Church. Has suspended church activities and will live stream on Facebook, evening and morning prayers. For more info go to goodshepherdwichita.org.
Grace Community Church - Newton. Services from 3/15-27 are available online only. More information.
Gracepoint Church. Services for 3/15 have been canceled.
Life.Church East Wichita. Will be closed this weekend, 3/15. More information.
Life.Church West Wichita. Will be closed this weekend, 3/14 and 3/15. More information.
Mens Catholic Conference. Original date: March 28, 2020. Rescheduled for March 6, 2021. More information.
Messiah Lutheran Church. Has suspended services until further notice, written sermons will be sent out with links of worship services. More information at messiahlutheranwichita.com
Metropolitan Baptist Church. Services for 3/15 have been canceled. More information.
NewSpring Church. Will be holding online services March 21/22 at the regular service times.. More information.
Pathway Church. All on-site ministries and events in the facilities have been canceled. The church offices are open and available to assist you if you have questions or need help. More information.
Reformation Lutheran Church. All worship, meetings, and events canceled through 4/2/20. Prepared services can be found online. More info at reformation-lutheran.org
Riverlawn Christian Church. Sunday services will be online on the Riverlawn app or https://riverlawn.org/. More information.
Shalom Menonite Church. Services are canceled until further notice. More information.
Saint Bartholomew Episcopal Church, Wichita. No services or church activities on Sunday, March 22, and 29th.
Saint James Episcopal Church, Wichita. All activities are cancelled through March or will be held online.
Saint John Episcopal Church, Wichita. No services or church activities on Sunday, March 22, and 29th. St. Mark United Methodist Church. March 29 will be streaming worship services online on their YouTube channel and via Facebook Live. St. Mary Orthodox Christian Church. No in-person services and activities until further notice. All services are broadcast live Facebook for more information visit stmarywichita.org. St. Paul Lutheran Church. Will postpone gathering in their building and will conduct digital worship service available on their Facebook page, YouTube channel and on their website.
Tabernacle Bible Church. Services will be live streamed until further notice. More information.
Trinity Reformed Church. Worships are available via livestream. More info at trinityrpcna.org.
West Ridge Community Church. Services for 3/15 have been canceled. More information.
Wichita First Church of the Nazarene. The building will be closed and Church services will be online. More information.
Westwood Presbyterian Church. Will be holding services online until further notice more info at www.westwoodpc.org.
Woodlawn United Methodist Church. Services are available online only until further notice. More information.
Zaik Church. Will continue with online services until further notice. More information.