Drug Take-Back Event Set For Saturday
Law enforcement officers in Kansas and Sedgwick County will collect unused medications for safe disposal this weekend.
The National Drug Take-Back Day is part of an effort to dispose of leftover medications to prevent accidental use. Since the program began in 2010, more than 81 tons of unused medications have been safely disposed of in Kansas.
The collection event will happen Saturday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The list of drop-off locations in Sedgwick County includes:
• Dillons, 9450 E. Harry, Wichita
• Derby Police Department, 229 N. Baltimore
• Maize Police Department, 10100 Grady
• Cheney Fire Department, 131 N. Main
• Haysville Police Department, 200 W. Grand
• Bel Aire Police Department, 7651 E. Central Park
Michael Brown is an intern in the KMUW News Lab.